Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Scribbling Bibbling

I wrote these a while back when I was teaching Jr. High (2007-2008), which was an incredibly lonely and dark time in my life. They're form poems that are pretty cool.  I posted them on my facebook account back in 2010, on January 28th, when I was still ignorant of Aquinas.  (I think that's pretty awesome).

Inkus Pinkus

I am Jenny’s pen.
I wonder why she hasn't used me so much lately.
I hear her emotions as she scribbles them across the page.
I see her soul poured out over so many pages when she won’t let anyone else in.
I want her to write forever.
I am Jenny’s pen.

I pretend that I’m one of those old quill pens because she likes the way they look.
I feel the pulse of blood running through her veins as she jots along.
I touch the tips of her fingers with a gentle familiarity.
I worry that she’s not always writing what she should.
I cry her tears because she won’t let them out so easily.
I am Jenny’s pen.

I understand her better than you, her future husband, God, or anyone else.
I say soft, simple stars of serenity to her as she scratches in her journal. 
I dream of stolen moments with her tucked in a corner and scribbling in a notebook.
I try to keep up with her. It’s difficult, but it’s worth it.
I hope she realizes that I’m her most powerful weapon.
I am Jenny’s pen.



Beloved

I am Jenny’s future husband.
I wonder if I’ll make a total fool out of myself when we first meet.
I hear the music she plays and the scratching of her pen.
I see her the way God sees her: as a captivating and strong soldier of Christ.
I want her to wait for me.
I am Jenny’s future husband.

I think about our wedding day, children, and growing old together.
I feel that I’m willing to give up my life for her; to be her hero.
I touch the beads of my Rosary as I ask God to protect her, keep her safe and pure.
I worry that I may have already met her and she doesn't like me.
I cry because I’m not there to hold her when she needs me.
I am Jenny’s future husband.

I understand that it will be difficult but worthwhile. She is worth it.
I sing songs to her when no one is listening.
I tell my friends that I love her very much and pray for her all the time; they think I’m nuts.
I dream of kissing her for the first time on our wedding day.
I try to be obedient to God by waiting for her and trusting in Him.
I hope she knows that I’m deeply in love with her, made just for her, and willing to die for her.
I am Jenny’s future husband. 


No comments: