Monday, December 16, 2013

Knit Wit

Morning, dear reader.

So. I've been on a Lord of the Rings (movie) kick lately, so I'm sure there will be some posts coming up about the "unveiling of Arwen" (one of my favorite moments in the movie) and thoughts about how we all want to be Aragorn (when we're really Frodo).  Then, there's also been an influx of the most sparkling, resplendently gorgeous snowfall recently, so I'm thinking about a "scarlet2snow" post as well.  And, yes, I have read the books.

However, lately, I'd rather knit that write. Proof?
I've been working on this set of handwarmers, hat, and scarf for almost forever.  The hat I finished back during the summer, the handwarmers were next.  The scarf is still in the making, and all I have to do is seam it up and sew on the buttons.  I'm a bit sick of it, though.

 Bought this yarn a while back because I LOVE Kelly green.  Especially for St. Patrick's Day.  No other green will do.  It has to be Kelly green.  Whelp, found out that a friend's favorite color is green and cranked this out in 3 days for Christmas.  Really simple pattern with big yarn.  Goes by fast.  Prolly make a similar one for myself soon.

Another friend saw the green hat and asked if I could make him one.  If you can't tell, my head is swimming in this one because his head measures 29" around!  Polished this one off in about 4 hours.  Same pattern, bulkier yarn.
Had this idea for a while now.  Working on it.
 This scarf.  Easy pattern, finally comfy enough with my fingers to get them into a rhythm with the stitches (I've only been knitting for a little less than a year).  Will also make matching hat.

Yay!


St. Lucy and St. Nicholas, ora pro nobis!

No comments: